Davidson's Plum Superfruit Powder 30g
Servings per pack approx 15
Ingredients: 100% pure Davidson Plum Concentrated Fruit Powder;
Hand Harvested, Gluten Free, No Sugar Added, Plant Based, Non GMO
Our concentrated Davidson's Plum powder has a wonderful plum sherbet flavour that can be used in many culinary applications . Deliciously sharp plum sherbet- isn't it great when something that is so good for you actually tastes so good!
Sprinkle a little over your breakfast yoghurt and fruit or add to a smoothie, try it muesli or sprinkle over porridge. You can add it to a fresh seafood ceviche where it's perfect tartness helps pickle the fish while adding its tangy deliciousness. This tart and tangy flavour is beautiful sprinkled over cakes or add to cream, its wonderful in creamy desserts like panna cotta or ice-cream. Or just a little sprinkle over the top as it looks pretty, tastes great and is good for you!
- a great source of Vitamin A with active phytochemicals known as Carotenoids and these help protect us against certain cancers, heart disease and age related macular degeneration
- more lutein than an avocado (known as the benchmark for a high lutein level). Lutein is one of those important carotenoid vitamins that is so important for healthy eyes. And Lutein can help reduce the effect of blue light that affects our iris and can lead to macular degeneration as well as acting as an anti- inflammatory.
- high levels of anthocyanins (another powerful antioxidant found in red fruits) and this antioxidant helps fight the damaging free radials that can affect cognitive function and lead to dementia diseases, and some cancers. In fact the Davidson's Plum has about 25% more anti-oxidant activity than Blueberries!
- an excellent source of potassium that is important for nerve and heart health
- A good source of Vitamin E and zinc that helps our skin look it's best.
- A unique dairy-free source of calcium.
- Contains properties believed to have anti-diabetic effects and a capacity to reduce hypertension and obesity.
Storing Davidson's Plum Powder
Always make sure you reseal this pouch after using or store in a sealed container as the freeze-dried fruit will react to moisture in the air. Best to keep this in a cupboard away from the light to avoid oxidation and reduction of the nutrients.