Aromatic Anisata Cajun Spiced Rub 100g
Provenance: Anisata is the leaf of the Anisata tree (also known as Aniseed Myrtle- but it is no longer classified as a myrtle) that is endemic to the coastal rainforest regions of Northern NSW and the more southerly coastal rainforest regions of Queensland. Our Anisata is sustainably grown in beautiful plantations , mainly in the Northern Rivers region.
This great rub brings Cajun flavours with the delicious and captivating twist of Anisata to your next BBQ or Roast. Anisata together with oregano and thyme ensures this spicy rub delivers a big flavour !
- Great with all meats - and vegetables too!
- It's especially good for BBQing and grilling of course! But also for roasting and pan frying. Make sure you massage the rub well into the meat and leave for at least one hour and up to 24 hours for a great result.
- Perfect for vegetables too - try it with eggplant or on slow cooked tomatoes or pumpkin - vegetables that can take a robust flavour.
- Cajun rub is perfect for fish and seafood! Season fish (rockling or trevally would be perfect) for grilling or pan-frying or add to a gumbo or a bouillabaisse
- 100g bag is enough for 1.5 kg meat and up to 3 kg depending on how strong you want the coverage and flavour.
Paprika, Salt, Sugar, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, Rice Flour, Cayenne Pepper, Oregano, Thyme, Anisata
This is a three chilli heat rating - HOT Spiced Rub!
For more info on wonderful Anisata, click here
Storing Outback Aussie BBQ Spiced Rub
The dried Spiced Rub must be kept airtight so as to not absorb moisture from the air. If it is left open, the rub will become hard and caked. If this does happen just massage the pack with your finger on the outside the break up the product. We do not add an anti-caking agent. It is best kept in a dark place, such as inside a cupboard to mitigate the effects of oxidisation from light. This is not harmful but will cause the Spiced Rub to discolour and lose some of their phyto-chemical activity.
Product highlights: contains no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, no genetically modified ingredients and gluten free, suitable for vegans.
Nourish your spirit -Outback Spirit has been developing and working within an ethical supply chain for over 20 years, that assures consumers that products have authenticity and integrity by supporting a network of suppliers within traditional Indigenous groups, families and Communities.
Supporting the Outback Spirit Foundation. From every product you purchase, funds are contributed to the Outback Spirit Foundation. The Outback Spirit Foundation supports Aboriginal farmers, growers and harvesters. The Outback Spirit Foundation is a registered Public Benevolent Entity with tax exemption for donations. www.outbackspirit.org.au
Carbon Neutral Delivery via Sendle- supporting Tasmania's forests
*Before purchasing please contact us, if you wish to order our products and are outside of Australia!