Kakadu Plum is a true Australian superfruit and superfood as it is just jam packed with nutrients.
- Kakadu Plum has the highest fruit content of Vitamin C of all fruits, tested world wide to date. What a huge claim but it's true! Testing has indicated that the Kakadu Plum has over 3200mg of Vitamin C per 100g fruit, which is far in excess of traditional sources of Vitamin C such as citrus or blueberry. An orange which has long been valued as a fruit source if vitamin C has only 50 mg of Vitamin C per 100 g by comparison!
- If you were to eat only 100gm of Kakadu Plum fruit (no stones!) you would be ingesting 3200% of the average daily value of Vitamin C!
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that supports the immune system, cognition, collagen synthesis, iron absorption, and heart health.
- Freeze-drying allows us to keep all of the nutrients in a concentrated shelf stable form.
- Just 1 gm of freeze-dried Kakadu Plum will provide you with more than your daily recommended amount of Vitamin C
- Kakadu Plums have extraordinarily high levels of active antioxidants .The potent antioxidants found in Kakadu Plum protects your body from damage caused by reactive molecules known as free radicals Antioxidants in Kakadu Plums include gallic acid, ellagic acid, flavonoids and carotenoids- it really is a powerhouse for fighting off free radials and assisting our immune system - now more important than ever.
- If that wasn't enough, Kakadu Plum is a very high fruit source of lutein which assists eye health and helps protect our eyes from the effects of blue light that we are exposed to from our computers and devices.
- Kakadu Plum antioxidants act as an anti-inflammatory
- Kakadu Plum is also a fruit source of essential minerals including iron, zinc, magnesium and also calcium. And Kakadu Plum helps the absorption of iron and other minerals in our bodies.
- Additionally, it is rich in copper, an essential mineral, which is used to form red blood cells, bones, connective tissue, and important enzymes, as well as support proper immune system function and foetal development
- Kakadu Plum fruit is a good source of dietary fibre, which protects against constipation, colon cancer, and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and promotes gut health and blood sugar control.
So a very little Kakadu Plum goes a very long way! No wonder we call it a superfood