3 chicken breasts (skin off) (chicken thigh meat may also be used)
1 -2 cups plain flour
2 tablespoons Lemon Myrtle, Coconut Sprinkle & Chilli Sprinkles
1/2 cup milk
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
canola oil for frying
Outback Tomato Chutney
- Trim the chicken breasts of any fat and slice evenly , diagonally, into approximately 5 slices
- Place the plain flour in a shallow bowl and lightly beat the eggs into the milk to make an eggwash .
3. Place the Lemon Myrtle Coconut and Chilli Sprinkles and Panko breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Coat all surfaces of the chicken lightly with the seasoned flour.
Dip the coated chicken into the egg wash so that all surfaces are thoroughly coated in the egg mix.
Toss each chicken piece in the Lemon Myrtle Coconut Chilli scented panko crumbs until coated and then rest the coconut chicken in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
This last step will help keep the coconut adhering to the chicken when frying
- Heat the oil until very hot.
Cook the chicken a few pieces at a time so that the oil temperature doesn't drop and the chicken cooks crispy and golden. Keep the cooked chicken warm while frying the rest.
- Serve the hot and crispy chicken with a side serve Outback Tomato Chutney - heavenly!