1.5-2 kg rolled, boneless loin of pork (or shoulder, leg or belly pork).
2 tablespoons Outback Spirit Wild Herb Salt
Suggested accompaniments : Outback Spirit Wild Lime Chilli Ginger Sauce
- Take the pork out of the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature before roasting - approx 30 minutes to an hour.
Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Pat the pork rind with kitchen paper until dry. Check that the rind is scored evenly - sometimes you will need to cut the skin furher. If so, use a Stanley knife for this - it's a safe knife to score the skin.
Massage the Outback Spirit Wild Herb Salt well into the rind and into the cut areas - and don't forget about the sides.
- Place a rack into a baking tray and fill the base with water - just up to the level of the base of the rack.
Place the pork on the rack and place on to the middle to the upper shelf of the oven and roast for an hour, turning the tray in the oven half way through.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180C and cook the pork for a further 1 1/2 to 2 hours until cooked.
The juices should run clear when a skewer is inserted.
Keep a visual check on the crackling while roasting. If the top is beginning to burn, loosely cover the loin with some foil to protect it.
Depending on the pork, you may need to gently remove the crackle from the loin and lay flat on a baking tray to cook until crisp.
- Remove the pork from the oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes, loosely covered in foil.
Carve the loin into medallions and serve with the crispy, scented crackle and accompany by Wild Rosella Cranberry Chutney or Wil;d Lime Chilli Ginger Sauce - either will be delicious!